torsdag 2. februar 2012

Ghost Protocol

Just got home from the cinema, I've watched the fourth Mission Imposible movie. This post will not be so much a review as my reflection of the movie. What was good, what was bad, what was missing and so on. This post will probably contain spoilers, just sayin'.


What I like about the M:I movies is mostly the epic stunts and intense fights. Also the part where everybody is wearing a mask, and nobody is who they are. The acrobatic stuff that Tom does is also highly rated. I don't expect to much from the story, though.

Ghost Protocol was low on the "swinging in ropes and diving fifty meters" moments. In past movies, I've seen things I never expected to be on the screen, and I loved it. In this one, all I get is an agent climbing up a couple floors with one glue glove. Not that is wasn't great, cause it was. but that was it. Nothing more. Instead, we got some astonishing fighting, as a replacement. It was highly enjoyable, but is it to much to ask for both? Is it, Tom?

Also, the masks. In the prevues films, both the good guys and the bad guys can disguise themselves by throwing on someone else's face. But not here. Nothing. I think it is a vital element for the movies, it is something unik and original. Right?

Let's talk about individual scenes, shall we? Lovely. The part where the team need to get in to the archives and retrieve the codes for the nuclear rocket something, and they put up the wall with the screen. I liked it because it is advanced technology that would actually work in real life. The only part of the device that is to complicated for me to understand is the screen itself. It was transparent from one side, but looked solid from the other. What produced the image. Was it a projector with a extremely large angle, or was the wall a screen itself. Ether way, the technology is to far away.

But overal the movie was good. with fantastic action and an exiting climbing of a building. The story disappointed me a bit, without going in detail on that. If you enjoyed the last three movies, go watch this. Trust me, its worth it.

Quote of the day:
     M:I III: Please don't interrupt me when I ask rhetorical questions.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar